Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mommy's Banh Bot Loc

TN is golfing all day today so I'm left alone to fend for my own! It's
okay though I'm the master of reheating and boiling water. My parents
visited me last weekend and because they love me they brought a cooler
full of banh bot loc to fill up my freezer with. Banh bot loc is
pretty much pork and shrimp inside a type of dough and then held
together by banana leaves. Sounds easy but it's very time consuming
and the dough has to be made just right. I'm not being bias here, my
mom makes the best banh bot loc in the freaking world. Hands down.
Someday soon I will really have to learn her technique and recipe.
Usually she just has me oil the leaves and that's the only part I have
in the creation of it. For me, all I have to do is boil water and in
12 minutes I have an awesome "home made" meal.
Also made myself a fruit shake because dude, water gets boring.

No comments: